Calories burned: 4024 Calories consumed: 1088 for a difference of 2936
I woke up this morning and was happy to find my ankles were feeling a bit better! I went to open gym around 5:30am and did 1 hour of cardio on the elliptical trainer. It was nice because it didn't hurt.
After gym we had breakfast. It was the "bacon" and egg English muffin which I have already had, therefore there is no picture :)
I opted to go on the Red Mountain Trail hike because it said it was a slow steady incline. I am trying to stay completely away form inclines to keep my ankles healing. When we got to the hike I was excited to see trees! I haven't been near any trees since arriving in Utah! I think they were Juniper bushes and there were some pine trees. Reminded me of other than they were short ans stubby.lol but it smelled wonderful! The terrain was very rocky for the most part so we had to really watch our feet. After the rock ended it was deep sand, almost like a beach. The path opened up to an absolutely amazing view! We took a bunch of pictures and headed back. I think round trip it was about 6 miles. We were at an elevation of 4600 ft.
After the hike we had a stretch class. It was sooo relaxing. I am getting really flexible I can practically bend in half while sitting on the floor with my legs stretched out in front of me! That's something new! lol
Lunch was amazing. It was french onion soup (minus the crouton and cheese) and a Greek pita filled with ground turkey, feta cheese, mushrooms, olives etc.
After lunch I spoke with the producer of the Rachael Ray show. They are going ahead with taping after all. She just asked a few questions about me and my reasons for attending the resort. I think we Will find out who they decide to focus on tomorrow. It would be a fun experience, but who knows! I will at the very least get to be in the background!
The afternoon classes were tough. I had pool which I skipped again due to my injuries.. I did cardio instead, then we had ball works which is not as easy as it sounds (think major squats and lunges ) and then treading. I started to get discouraged in treading again because my ankles feel better, but I know they are not. I wanted to push so badly, but I had to plug along at a slow steady pace while everyone busted ass. :P Lianne kept me positive. She must have sensed it because she said "don't get depressed, you're up and working out! You're pushing through your injury!" Lianne and Tammy are amazing support, I would probably have gone home if they weren't here
Dinner was amazing! We had stuffed chicken (spinach and tomato stuff) with wild rice, and peach cobbler. MMMMM! I managed to make it through the day without straining my ankles. Then I managed to just move my foot the wrong way at the dinner table and felt a zap and now it hurts again :(
I better get ready for bed. Until tomorrow!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Day 11 = Amazing Hike!
Posted by Brandi at 7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Brandi...
Bless your sweet ankles ~ you have a spirit of a warrior ~ I can't believe that you just keep pushing yourself - yet in your writing I'm seeing glimpses of your wisdom in adapting to what is best for YOU... and listening to your body - I'm very proud of you! It's very clear that you're growing and changing in so many amazing ways ~ and even through this difficult time with your ankles - you continue on with grace! Can't wait to meet on on Sunday! Thanks for keeping me inspired!
Hi Brandi,
I've been reading your blog since you started on your FR journey. I have many of the same traits you do hence my never speaking up and saying I'm following along and checking in on your adventure daily.
I hope someday I get the opportunity you have now. You have been frustrated about your ankles but your are still burning and still achieving more than you ever thought possible. I was a little concerned when you said if it wasn't for Lianne and Tammy's support...it's great to have support but stay no matter what but you went into it alone not knowing and that was all you and it still is....everything else that is new and pushes you on is just icing on the carrots :-)
Hi Brandi,
I am reading your last journal entry hoping that you are feeling better physically and emotionally. I'm glad you have someone for support but I like the comments that some of your readers said above. Stay don't give up due to the frustration. Push on. Do what you can do. You will always be ahead of where you were yesterday. I am watching the olympics on tv...in your home province none the less.... and I am hearing about all these atheletes going through surgeries and injuries and coming back to win a medal. Keep focusing on the positive things you are achieving. The pictures of your hike are amazing. I especially like the one of you playfully clinging to the cliff. Funny. Wish I was there with you. But I will have to settle living vicariously through you. Keep smiling!!
You are doing amazing things! Your perseverance shows and will take you far. The scenery is gorgeous on all of these hikes. I can't wait to experience them in July. Thank you for sharing your journey so that I am prepared and know what to expect. It has been very helpful. Keep on keepin' on!
thank you for the encouragement guys :) I look forward to reading them every day :)
You are definitely an inspiration!! I am so impressed with your drive and determination. And like already said, with the Olympic hopefuls, so many of them had bad injuries and have now gone on to win medals! You are my Olympian at FR. Rock on my friend!!
Post a Comment