CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 2- I Didn't Survive :P

Soooo today was a lot worse than yesterday and this is going to be a short post because I am in major pain with my legs and glutes..I was in a fair bit of discomfort this morning from yesterday so I went to the gym and stretched for 30 minutes at 5:30 am to try to relieve it. It did help a bit. The classes were more difficult because my legs were so sore I couldn't do a lot of the moves like squats etc.

The food was great. Had some chocolate covered strawberries for desert, very yummy. Other meals were Sope and fruit for breakfast, parsnip soup and tuna nicoise salad for lunch and veggie lasagna for dinner. They were all very good.

All pain aside I burned about 5500 calories today. I am happy with that. As you can probably tell I am out of it and cant concentrate long enough to write this. I have a massage in a little while and bought some Epsom salts. I hope it helps or tomorrow could be rough. I am opting for an easier hike tomorrow. I will attach some pictures then I am calling it a night. I had trouble falling asleep last night. I think I layed in the dark until midnight.

Just to make it clear I am still happy to be here and do not regret my decision to come. I did have a mini meltdown today in total toning class. It was more out of frustration with the leg pain causing me to not work out as hard as I want to. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day. Hopefully Ill have my brain back tomorrow and will be able to write a more detailed blog.






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that last photo is breathtaking!!! what a moment!!!!!
Give it time.. you are doing so much so quickly, aren't you glad you did a little before you left, to prepare? yikes.

You inspire me. I got out and walked today..

Anonymous said...

ps.. since it's Biggest loser night, do any of the girls gather in the tv room to watch together?

Cat said...

From all the FR blogs I have read, everyone says Tues and Weds are the hardest. Hang in there, from all I have read, it gets easier. Just imagine the weight loss with such great calorie burn.
I really am worried about getting to sleep at night when I am there. I am a night owl.
Hang in there I am cheering you onward!!

gottaluvme3 said...

Ok...that pretty much scares me! I REALLY need to prepare myself more before I get there or I'm never gonna make it!!

me said...

Sorry that I don't have a picture yet :) I have also heard these are the hardest days your first week is the hardest. You are doing amazing. I appreciate and I am sure others do too that you are taking the time to tell us about your experience there at FR. We are all routing for you!!

Unknown said...

You'll be fine, Brandi. I know how strong you are, and I also know you probably pushed yourself very hard yesterday.
Our body comes down to the biology we've been given. I know that when I was playing derby, I was FURIOUS with my body. There were a variety of ages and body types there, and out of allll of those girls, I was the only one who had to keep sitting down and drinking water. My last derby before I got pregnant, I had to literally "throw" myself off the track, get down on all fours and I started coughing up blood.

Yet, I can't wait to go back when I can. I know how happy you were that first day, and you have so many more days like that ahead of you, and perhaps a few sore days.

As your body adjusts to what it is that you are asking of it, things will not be quite as hard, or if it is as hard, your body will be more equipped to deal with it. I can almost hear it from here..."Brandi, WTF is this? Don't you know there are comfy couches back at the hotel"? Those are the voices that make our asses big, lol.

Feel better and just keep trying.

Love you!

Brandi said...

Thank you for all the encouragement! It really helps. I am having a better day today, but still very sore

ultramichelle said...

hang in there and thanks for being so real. Better days ahead.